Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No nap, thanks!

I'm sure all of you parents have experienced this at one time or another. Sammy recently has decided that naps are not cool. There is so much to investigate and so many places to go, that really who has time for sleep?! So he has to cry himself to sleep. We've found him in some crazy positions.

Obviously he isn't asleep here, quite the opposite. This is one of his ways to battle the sleep monster -- pull yourself up in the crib so that it is impossible for the dreaded sleep monster to get you!


A common result of car rides is the classic dead Sammy look


This is our all-time favorite. One option to fight the sleep monster is to sit up. but of course when that sleep monster comes at you full steam, what do you do? Collapse right in half. Now that's a nice relaxing nap! We usually have to let him cry to sleep, and then rescue him from whatever unfortunate position he finds himself in. I think this photo also shows he is a Plumber's grandson!
Sweet Dreams!

5 comments:

heath said...

Oh, I am laughing! You are too funny. And Sammy is pretty funny as well.

lori said...

HA! That cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

My Tyler would climb out of his crib at 9 months and come to tell me he was not having anything to do with naps. Hopefully Sammy stays put in the crib...not out!

Megan said...

I know the nap thing, they think playing is so much better. He is getting so big and cute. Blake falls asleep too while stitting. Mike and I couldn't stop laughing the first time he did that. I love all your posts, sorry I don't comment more. Hope all is going well. We need to see you and everyone soon.

Erika said...

ha..I love all the crazy sleep positions kids put themselves in. I wonder if they ever wake up with kinks in their little necks!